Be part of the Sauvie Island Community
Join the Sauvie Island Community Association to interact with your neighbors, keep up with what’s going on and have a say in the future of our island.
Everyone who lives or owns residential or business property on the island can join, and there is no cost to do so. Houseboat owners from the moorages on both sides of the Multnomah Channel can be members, too.
Monthly Meetings and Events
Meetings feature island-related programs and speakers and updates on island events and issues. Meetings are at 7 p.m. on third Thursdays at the Grange Hall except:
- July and December: No meeting
- April: Sauvie Community Fair/Annual meeting at Sauvie Island Academy
- August: Annual picnic (photos of past picnics coming soon)
Some of our programs have included:
- A talk on the Sturgeon Lake Restoration Plan
- Sauvie Island Fire Chief Norvin Collins talked about the Island Emergency Plan
You’ll Get Our Weekly Newslinks
We publish a weekly e-newsletter with information on what’s happening on the island.
Additional SICA links
- Newsletter Newslinks signup page
- Board and General Meeting Minutes
- Board of Directors, Committee Chairs, By-laws, and Policies
- SICA Land Use Minutes
We’d Also Love To Have Your Help planning meetings, promoting island businesses, reviewing land use and transporation issues. For more information email SICA.
The Sauvie Island Community Association is recognized by Multnomah County as an official neighborhood association and as such, serves as the representative of the Sauvie island community to the county.